The Queen of Hearts is a character from the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by the author and mathematician Lewis Carroll. She is a foul-tempered monarch who is quick to decree death sentences at the slightest offense. Carroll himself pictured her as "a blind fury". The Queen has only one way of settling all difficulties, great or small--she orders an immediate execution, shouting: 'Off with his head!'
American McGee's Alice
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
- In the novel series"The Looking Glass Wars", she and the Red Queen were re-imagined as Redd, the main antagonist and the aunt of Alyss. She is Genevieve's sister who was murdered by the Cat and a user of Black Imagination.
- In the otome game"Heart no Kuni no Alice, she appears as Vivaldi, the monarch of the Castle of Hearts and one of the characters who take an interest in Alice.
- In Cardcaptor Sakura, the queen is comically portryed by Keroberos (Kero-chan) and is seen playing chess with Humpty Dumpty (Tomoyo Daidoji). Since Sakura referd to him as Kero-chan, he enrages and chases her until she manages to escape from the book.
- In CLAMP's Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, she is portrayed as blond, wavy-haired dominatrix, whose servants (all female) are infatuated by her.
- In an OVA for the anime/manga series Kuroshitsuji entitled "Ciel in Wonderland", the queen is portrayed by one of the series' existing characters, Madame Red, and wears a corset-topped dress with puff sleeves, and a fluffy red skirt that opens in the front--revealing shorts and thigh-high boots. She presides over the court and places "Alice" on trial for losing "her" memories.
- The Queen of Hearts appears in Pandora Hearts through the chain Demios, Illegally contracted by Vincent Nightray, The Queen of Hearts is her commonly alias, which she recieved for her decapitation abilities.
- The Queen of Hearts makes a brief appearance in episode 17 of the 2011 American tv series Once Upon a Time . She rules over Wonderland, which is portrayed as one of many parallel worlds. She wears a veil to cover her face and speaks through an apparatus directly to her aide who then reveals what she said. It is known that she is an enemy of Regina, The Evil Queen. In season two it is revealed that the Queen of Hearts is the Evil Queen's mother.
- The Red Queen appeared in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland film as an amalgam of the Queen of Hearts, the Duchess and herself. Her name was Iracebeth. She became signifigantly paranoid, going so far as to execute her husband through fear that he would leave her for her sister. When she has a decision to make, she twiddles her fingers about as she decides. She was portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter.
- In the novel series The Looking Glass Wars, she and the queen of hearts are re-imagined as Redd, the main antagonist and the aunt of Alyss.
- In the video game, American McGee's Alice, the Red Queen is the main antagonist and the final boss. She resembles in this game the darkest part of Alice. She took advantage of Alice's insanity and ruled Wonderland. By turning it into a twisted version of itself. She's mostly made out of limbs and tentacles. In Madness Returns she is left destroyed after Alice tok Wonderland out of her rule. She has a very important part in this game. And resmbles as Alice's older sister , Elizabeth Liddell.
- The Red Queen was portrayed by Edna May Oliver in the 1933 Paramount film version of Alice in Wonderland.
- In the 1951 movie when the flowers are singing - there is a red rose that resembles the Red Queen and it is the same with the white flower that resembles the White Queen.