Tuesday 21 May 2013

Experiments With My Photography: 'Curiouser and Curiouser'

FIRST Experiements with the theme: Alice in Wonderland


This is a photograph from my first attempt at this particular set. The theme is Alice in Wonderland, but the concept focuses on Alice before she falls down the rabbit hole.


The cake and potion bottle represent the food and drink Alice eats/drinks in the movie.
The Labels represent those in the movie.
The Quote is said by Alice in the movie.


Open file in Photoshop:

Crop View:

Duplicate Layer:
Select all:

Create Adjustment Layer Levels:

Select Cake:

Create Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:

Modify:


Create Adjustment Layer Vibrance:

Select Labels:

Create Adjustment Layer Hue and Saturation:

Select Background, around cake, bottle, labels, and scrabble:

Create Adjustment Layer Levels:



Despite my incorrect grammer, missing the u in both curioUser, I was pretty happy with the editing. I like the texture in the background in this image, although there in a curve in the top left hand corner, from not positioning the tripod over the set up correctly! I don't like the cake in this image, when it was blue it looked mouldy, purple stupid, normal tacky and desaturated boring. The cake just doesn't work so I think I'm going to reshoot with a cupcake. The labels are very small and don't have anything special about them, therefore I will make sure I make some adjustments to those in the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment