Monday, 20 May 2013

Alice in Wonderland Photography Inspiration

Inspiration for the Mad Hatter's Table:


Image Source

This image from Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland from 2010 , is an image I am using to inspire my concept for the Mad Hatter. The use of the tablecloth and teacups and teapots are subject matter I would like to use in my set-up. 


Image Source

This image from the cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland is another influence on the colour scheme and teacups and teapots I would like to use in my photographs.


Inspiration for the Eat Me, Drink Me Cards:


Image Source

After Google searching various different labels to use for the Eat Me and Drink Me labels in my photographs, I found this image. I really like the use if the hearts as a border, the colourful letters, the use of a tea pot and spoon and fork and the crown. The labels are perfect for what I'd like to use in my photographs.  



Inspiration for Queen of Hearts:

Image Source

The facial expression of this Queen (from Tim Burton's movie 2010) is exactly the way I picture the Queen of Hearts. I'd really like to use an angry face in my photograph for the Queen of Hearts to emphasise her personality.



Inspiration for Cheshire Cat:

Image Source

Again Tim Burton's version of the movie from 2010, I love the Cheshire Cat. His cheeky smile is really quirky and I think it works so well in the novel, picture books and the movies. I like this image because it shows how mischievous and strange the cat is, which is something I'd like to do in my images.

File:Cheshire-Cat-color1.gif
Image Source

This image of the Cheshire Cat from earlier cartoons is a drawing/animation but I just wanted to show the colours and quirkiness of the Cheshire Cat.

Image Source

I found this image when searching the Cheshire Cat and though it was really cool. In the movies the Cat fades to just his eyes and mouth and then to just his mouth (smile). I like the use of the black background, which really brings out his mischievous eyes and bright, white, shiny smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment